Seiten

12 June 2014

It’s done: The Scarlett O‘Hara Scout Tee

Hey everyone,
Why such a dramatic name for a Scout Tee you may ask. Well, have a look at my living room curtains:
It’s not green velvet, I know, but this is a close up of my latest Scout Tee by Grainline Studio:
Got it? My curtains are still completely intact and weren’t harmed during the making of my new summery Scout. From the hemming of the curtains I had small panels left, too small for a complete back or front, so I thought to myself why not turn this into a ‘design element’ and piece them together. And why not take it one step further and do it orthogonally?
I grabbed my existing Scout, marked a line where I liked the two pieces to meet, aligned the lines, sewed everything together with French seams, et voilà, enough fabric and eventually a new Scout.
The fabric is quite sheer, a camisole is definitively in order. It’s not like I don’t own any, but there is some beige silk in my stash… Now I’m arguing with myself if I will give the free Diana camisole pattern by sewloft a try or opt for the Camilla camisole by Tesutti. Diana or Camilla? Sounds like a decision Prince Charles had to make once. Experience with this patterns anyone? Tell me.
Thanks for stopping by,
Kat

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and it looks Great on you!
    Isn't the Scout Tee the BEST?
    Half my wardrobe is turning out to be Scout Tees...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, whenever I spot a pretty lightweight woven fabric I think to myself, this would do a nice Scout. Such a versatile pattern.

      Delete